Royal biographer Angela Levin has accused Prince Harry of ‘plotting to bring the monarchy down’ as speculation continues over whether he will attend the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations next month. Ms Levin, a royal commentator and author of several biographies of senior members of the family, made the comments during an interview with GB News.
She appeared on the channel discussing reports that Harry, 37, who lives in a $14m mansion in Montecito with wife Meghan, 40, and their two children Archie and Lilibet, may miss the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations next month, to stay in California and play polo. Presenter Colin Brazier said these reports suggest that the Duke of Sussex is ‘up to his old tricks’.
The biographer replied: ‘He’s plotting, one step after the other, trying to bring the monarchy down. ‘What else is he trying to do? He’s trying to destroy it. He says his brother and father are trapped, he’s absolutely must be upsetting the Queen, he pretends he wants to look after her, but he’s not there when he wants to.’ She also criticised the royal for reportedly ‘turning up for 10-15 minutes’ for his recent meeting with the Queen, which he attended while in Europe for the Invictus Games, noting her Majesty’s recent ill health and advanced age of 96.
Additionally, she claimed Harry is believed to arrived late to his subsequent meeting with Prince Charles, meaning that reunion was cut short. Ms Levin said: ‘It’s all some sort of nasty game I think, it’s plotting, it’s some sort of chess.’ Earlier this week, Omid Scobie, a friend of the Sussexes, said the Prince will play the rest of the 12 goal polo season at Santa Barbara, California, with his Los Padres teammates.
His announcement followed the prince being snapped playing a friendly game of polo with his old friend Nacho Figuera at Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club for the annual Harry East Memorial Tournament last week. The Finding Freedom author says Harry will participate in the Folded Hills Pope Challenge between May 9th-15th, Lisle Nixon Cup from May 20th-29th as well as the Cheval Athletics USPA Intra-Circuit which runs June 3rd-19th.
This has led to speculation that he may not attend the Jubilee, with celebrations beginning on Thursday June 2, running to Sunday June 5, and royals expected on the Buckingham Palace balcony at either end of the celebration. While Harry could still attend main events if his schedule permits, royal experts have noted that the Sussexes have yet to confirm whether they will take part or not.
According to royal author Tom Bower, this delay in confirmation is deliberate on Harry and Meghan’s part, and they are encouraging the uncertainty ‘because their status and income depends on constant mention in the media’. He told MailOnline: ‘There have always been serious doubts that Harry and Meghan would come to the celebrations. Firstly because as private citizens they could not be in the spotlight on the balcony.
‘Secondly because Princes Charles and William are furious about their lies about them in the Oprah Winfrey interview and, after Harry’s recent NBC interview, no longer trust him and Meghan to behave properly. Third, because Meghan hasn’t got the courage to face Kate after her misleading allegations in the Oprah interview. ‘Meghan fears the bad headlines if she returns to Britain. However we don’t know how the continuing argument among Palace officials and the Royal Family will finally be resolved.
‘They encourage the uncertainty because their status and income depends on constant mention in the media. They are addicted to preening their self-importance. Unfortunately the damage their deliberate public ‘indecision’ is causing to the monarchy is impossible to prevent. It’s all part of their financial strategy.’